Required Class Meetings
|Class||Everyone||As listed under When and Where|
|Coaching||Team and me||30 minutes, once a week||outside my office|
|Client||Team and client-managers||See calendar for dates.
Fridays: meet clients at 10:30am
Saturdays: meet clients at 11:00am
|Ford ITW Conference Room
Note: Friday Nov 10, Chambers Hall, 600 Foster St.
|Team||Team members||at least twice a week beyond class and client||some good working area, projector-access recommended|
These are all meetings to get work done, even class. They are required. If you have a conflict, especially for the Saturday meeting with client, you need to contact me.
Each class meeting will have three parts:
- Discussion: what problems and obstacles have arisen, what ideas have worked out really well or badly
- Theme of the day: the closest this class comes to a classic lecture
- Project work: work on your project
This pattern will change when need arises, e.g., when we have guest speakers from industry.
This course has two 5-week projects:
- The Internal Startup Project
- You design it, implement it, test it on real users, repeatedly, then demo it to the class, and show it when you first meet your clients. You learn to become an effective efficient gelled development team.
- The Client Project
- You are contractors, working to help the client turn their product idea into reality. They are responsible for the vision, priorities, testing, and final demos. You are responsible for coding, keeping them accurately informed of progress and problems, and helping them create the best possible product in the time available.
Throughout the course, the focus is on your growth as reflective software practitioners. Each team will meet with me every week for half an hour. Work out a time when everyone on the team can attend. Use the form on my calendar to request that time slot. Put "team name weekly meeting" in the Reason field.
More items will be filled in as we go.