The Internal Project
Your first project is an internal lean startup project. You have to design, implement, user test, and re-design a mobile web application in 5 weeks.
There's a lot to get done right up front. You need to:
- Form an highly effective and reflective team. That means
- Get to know each other (the Drucker exercise can help)
- Work out roles and responsibilities
- Set up working patterns that maximize efficient waste-free coordinated team work. No silos!
- Set up your rotation and process for emailing status reports.
- Set up your development platforms, including
- Languages for mobile and server
- Target mobile platforms (Android, iOS, ...)
- Source control, e.g., github
- Testing tools (unit testing, BDD testing, ...)
- Deployment support, e.g., Heroku, Firebase
- Automated build and test tools
- Iteratively envision, implement, and user test a mobile app (web or native)
- Come up with an approved feasible interesting idea.
- Develop a vision, an MVP, and a testable target for your first iteration
- Build, test, learn and adapt your target weekly.
- Monitor, reflect, and improve your processes weekly.
- Demo in class.
- Demo to your new client at the start of the client project.