Handed out: January
Due back: January
22 11:59pm (by submission timestamp).
upload submission (see instruction online at the course webpage)
Notes: 1. To be done individually.
Please do not give a simple yes/no as results to some of the questions. Briefly explain why and how you achieve that
- Please classify each of the following as a violation of
confidentiality, of integrity, of availability, of authenticity, or of some
combination of those.
- John copies Mary's homework.
- Paul crashes Linda's system.
- Carol changes the amount of
Angelo's check from $100 to $1000.
- Gina forges Roger's signature
on a deed.
- Rhonda registers the domain
name "AddisonWesley.com" and refuses to let the publishing
house buy or use that domain name.
- Henry spoofs Julie's IP
address to gain access to her computer.
problem 3.8 (b – i)
We provide the answer to (a) as:
in binary notation: 0000 1011 0000 0010 0110 0111
0100 1001 1010 0101
in hexadecimal notation: 0 B 0 2 6 7 9 B 4 9 A 5
problem 9.2 (a) (c) and (e)