Everything You Know is Wrong
If you think about how we do education and research long enough, you realize how far off-base things have gotten.
- A Curricular Vision from 2025 -- how schools should work
- Twenty Years Gradeless
- Three Transformative Agile Ideas for Education
- Do — Review — Redo -- a talk I gave on critique-based assessment at the 2015 Northwestern Learning, Teaching, and Assessment Forum
- Rubrics: What's Wrong, What's Better -- a rant
- Entrepreneurship 101: Or, What's a nice PhD student like you doing in a course like this?
Much of my research has concerned with making interactive learning environments as easy to author as textbooks. Primary projects are:
- Indie -- Investigate and Decide Goal-Based Scenario simulators
- Socratic ASK (SASK) (PDF)
- The Critiquing Model for mentoring and assessment in courses
Learning Sciences (courtesy appointment)
Segal Design Institute (Undergraduate Advisory Board)
Technology and Social Behavior (Executive Committee)
Acumenical Inc. (Vice President)