2145 Sheridan Road, Room M324
Evanston, IL 60208
(last updated 9/16/2015)
o Current Positions:
1. Professor of Computer Science
1. B.S. in Mathematics, 1978, National Taiwan University, Republic of China (Taiwan)
2. Ph.D. in Computer Science, 1986, Yale University, U.S.A.
Research and Service:
My primary research interest is in algorithms and their applications. I am attracted to any problem that has significant algorithmic substance.
o Current Main Efforts:
1. Algorithm Areas: Discrete Algorithms and Combinatorial Optimization.
2. Application Areas: DNA Self-Assembly, Computational Finance, Bioinformatics.
o Editorial Services: Among my editorial works, I serve as Editor-in-Chief of Algorithmica. Please submit your original work directly to your preferred editor through the Algorithmica online submission system. Proposals for special issues are most welcome and should be emailed directly to me.
I teach a range of courses, including the following. Also, I enjoy working with both undergraduate students and graduate students on research as project courses or as non-course research collaborations.
For the 2015-2016 academic year:
o EECS 212, Winter 2016
o EECS 336: Design and Analysis of Algorithms, Spring 2016
Some examples of the courses that I taught in previous years: