Due: 11/5/03, noon
Code to use in subject line: HW5
Things to do:
Write up a proposal for what you want to do your term project on. Your
proposal should address the following issues:
- What kind of knowledge are you going to represent, and why?
- What representation system are you going to use?
- What criteria will you use to evaluate your representations?
Specifically, what categories of new inferences will the system be able to
draw with your representations?
- What examples will you use to guide your thinking?
- What are the biggest risks in the project, and how will you minimize their
Some things to remember:
- Your project should involve representing knowledge, not writing programs
to process representations. (There is another course,
goes into that!)
- In addition to OpenCyc, you can also use Shaken (DARPA or HALO version) or
Ontoprise (HALO version) in your term project. If you have another
representation system available to you, please elaborate in your proposal.
- The project has to be finished and a report about it turned in by Finals
Week. No incompletes will be given.
Last edited 10/30/03, by KDF.
KR Course home