A collection of my overviews on various topics relevant to EECS 394.
- Git and github
- Agile Tools (and do tools matter?)
- Agile Mobile development links
- Some personal tips on rapid webapp design
Note: Ionic 2 is assumed.
- The Ionic documentation site
- My Ionic setup notes
- The Ionic discussion forum -- search for here when cryptic error messages appear; check here for news about recent changes
Since Ionic is based on the PhoneGap / Cordova hybrid platform, also check the documentation and forums for PhoneGap for issues and fixes.
Quite often, apps will need a central place to keep data. While you can create your own server to do this, that means you have to maintain a stable host that's easily deployed to. A regular web server, e.g., PHP, is not really appropriate since you don't want HTML pages, you want data.
The current best free option is Firebase. It's easy to get started, but it has its quirks.